Each month we want to see your best and funniest short, regardless of theme or topic. No suggestion required. All the other rules regarding the competition (two minutes or less, five in competition, one winner) will stay the same. But now we want to see what you can really do.
Its here! This month is the year end challenge where the audience will vote on their favorite short from this year. The winner will receive $1000 grand prize! So come on out and vote for your favorite!
This month’s event:
Date: Tuesday, December 30th
Theatre: Second City de Maat
1608 N. Wells St., 3rd floor
Chicago, IL 60614
DEADLINE: The Year End Finals!
1. Open submissions
2. Films must be two minutes or less.
3. Five films will be selected to screen by a panel of judges.
4. One film will be declared the winner based on audience vote.
5. Winner will be featured on thesecondcitynetwork.com and YouTube.
6. Winner will be guaranteed a spot in next month’s competition.
7. Winner will be entered into the year-end, best-of competition and be eligible for a $1000 grand prize.
Hey, just a few more things.
1 – You must own the content (including the music!)
2 – Content must fit the submission guidelines. (don’t send us your student film from last year)
3 – You must agree to the legal stuff below.
By submitting your video, you grant The Second City Inc. permission to publish/upload your video, name, photographs and any language contained therein, in any manner it deems appropriate without consideration or compensation. You also agree that you are within your full legal rights to submit your content including but not limited to the rights of copyright holders and the likenesses of your actors
All though all submissions are welcome The Second City Inc. reserves the right to reject, remove or disallow inclusion of any and all submissions.
(please send questions and comments to email@example.com)